Insanity is the storm which assaults the cabin that is my consciousness. I leave my window open, but I'm aware that that the wind will never be strong enough to tear down the walls

Friday, October 19, 2007

Wake up

Wake Up
by Win Butler, William Butler, Régine Chassagne, Timothy Kingsbury, Richard Reed Parry and Howard Bailerman


Somethin'
filled up
my heart with
nothin',
someone told me not to cry.
But now that
I'm older,
my heart's
colder,
and I can see that it's a lie.
Children
wake up,
hold your
mistake up,
before they turn the summer into dust.
If the children
don't grow up,
our bodies get bigger but our get
torn up.
We're just
a million little god's
causin' rainstorm
turnin' everything good to rust.
I guess we'll just have to adjust.
With my
lightnin' bolts a glowin'
I can see where I am
goin'.
With my
lightning bolts a glowin'
I can see where I am
goin' to be
when the reaper he reaches and touches my hand.
Better look out below!


It's a fine between music and poetry. Song by The Arcade Fire

No comments: